Join us as we partner with the Fredricksen Library in Camp Hill and travel to the annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Held each year on the National Mall in Washington, DC, rain or shine, the festival hosts a wide range of authentic living traditions — both old and new.
This year the festival highlights cultural heritage enterprises in Africa, Armenia and Catalonia through fashion, feasts, and other festivities. Expect to experience human towers with the Catalans, Armenian craft and cooking demonstrations, traditional-meets-contemporary styles from around the African continent, and much more.
Sample this expansive and exciting event at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival's YouTube Channel.
About the trip:
- Bus departs at 8:30 am from the parking lot of the Radisson Hotel, 1150 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill, PA Directions »
- During the day, you'll have plenty of free time to explore and participate in the festival!
- On the way home, we will make a stop for dinner on your own.
- We will return to Camp Hill by 9:30pm.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be some walking.
- Many of the areas are tented, but be aware that this is a rain or shine event.
- Be aware of security restrictions and consider leaving your pocketknife and similar items at home.
$45 per person includes:
- Round trip motor coach transportation from Camp Hill
- Boxed continental breakfast served en route to Washington, D.C.
- Gratuity for bus driver
Register in person or online beginning April 1!
Buy tickets online at BrownPaperTickets.com »
(link opens in a new window)
or call their Live 24/7 Hotline: 1-800-838-3006
OR REGISTER AT THE LIBRARY!
100 N. 19th Street, Camp Hill, PA 17011.
See the library's website for hours and directions.