Join us as we partner with the Fredricksen Library in Camp Hill and travel to the annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Held each year on the National Mall in Washington, DC, rain or shine, the festival hosts a wide range of authentic living traditions — both old and new.
This year the festival highlights the social power of music, with programs featuring Benin, Brazil, and more to be announced. Musicians, dancers, instrument makers, and other cultural practitioners will engage visitors through daily workshops, master classes, panel discussions, and performances.
The public — both on site and across digital platforms — will be encouraged to play instruments, join pop-up choirs, participate in social dances, and share stories about the ways in which music connects them to each other and to the larger world.
Sample this expansive and exciting event at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival's YouTube Channel.
About the trip:
- Bus departs at 8:30 am from the parking lot of the Radisson Hotel, 1150 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill, PA Directions »
- During the day, you'll have plenty of free time to explore and participate in the festival!
- On the way home, we will make a stop for dinner on your own.
- We will return to Camp Hill by 9:30pm.
- Wear comfortable shoes as there will be some walking.
- Many of the areas are tented, but be aware that this is a rain or shine event.
- Be aware of security restrictions and consider leaving your pocketknife and similar items at home.
Your ticket includes:
- Round trip motor coach transportation from Camp Hill
- Boxed continental breakfast served en route to Washington, D.C.
- Gratuity for bus driver
- Info on pricing coming soon.