Getting the Word Out
How you can get news from Susquehanna Folk, and how we can announce your news.
Subscribe to our e-Nouncements:
Susquehanna Folk e-nouncements go out for each of our larger events, and occasionally for other SFMS news. These are HTML (image-based) emails with optional plain text format. We also e-nounce monthly updates of our Around The Area Regional Calendar and the publication of our bimonthly newsletter.
Our email list is not limited to SFMS members; anyone may subscribe. SFMS will not share your email address with anyone.
- To subscribe to our email announcements, type your email address into the box in our left-hand menu and click the "Subscribe" button.
Announce Your Event
We post local folk news on our online Bulletin Board, and we generally include a brief teaser on our homepage.
We will also put your entry into our Regional Calendar, which is updated monthly. This l-o-n-g listing includes event info, venues, and organizations from the Poconos to the Shenandoah Valley. It is heroically compiled and maintained by Henry Koretzky.
- To announce your event or list your organization, send an email to areacal (at) sfmsfolk.org
- It's enormously helpful to provide text that is similar (in length, style and content) to entries already on our Bulletin Board or links section.
- Around the Area is updated as volunteer time permits. Please allow ample lead time for processing, as last-minute announcements may not be posted in time.
Announce in our Newsletter
In our bimonthly newsletter, we mention local events, publish short articles and accept advertisements.
- To list your event in our newsletter, send an email to newsletter (at) sfmsfolk.org
- Please note that deadlines for the newsletter are at least six weeks ahead of the issue month.
Just So You Know...
Around the Area Online generally does not list specific gigs. We do list regularly-scheduled events such as second-Sunday jams or every-Friday concerts.
There is some overlap between our Bulletin Board, the Regional Calendar, and Around the Area Online.
We do our best with requests for bulletin board postings and newsletter articles, but volunteer time is limited and we cannot always do as much as we'd like.
We do not advertise other organizations' news / events in our emails.
We do not share our mailing lists, either email or snail-mail.