Contribute to SFMS
If you enjoy folk music, we encourage you to support SFMS in any way you can. Ticket revenue provides only a third of our income: the rest comes from folks to you, who keep the “folk” in Susquehanna Folk Music Society.
All Kinds of Donations Are Valuable
These can range from $1 refreshment purchases to major grants. Ask your tax advisor about tax deductibility.
- Donate using your credit card thru JustGive.org »
- Become a Member: your membership can pay for itself through admission discounts.
- Sponsor an Event: get front-row seats, meet your folk heroes, and see your name in lights!
- In-Kind Donations: from paper and printing, to lodging and catering, to creative contributions for our annual Silent Auction. Ask about quid pro quos!
- Refreshments at Events: donate homemade or store-bought baked goods, or purchase them at the events.
- Contributions: any amount at all is welcome! And please ask at work if your employer matches charitable contributions.
- Gifts of stock or other securities: contact our broker at Scottrade: 717-234-4040 or 888-989-1980.
Volunteers Welcomed Too!
Donations of your time and talents are just as important as monetary contributions. Put your talents to good use as a volunteer with SFMS.
What is JustGive.org?
JustGive.org is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect people with the charities and causes they care about and to increase overall giving. SFMS is one of a million nonprofits (literally!) in their database, which is powered by guidestar.org.
JustGive makes it easy to learn about nonprofits and donate online. The service is secure and convenient, and donors can even remain completely anonymous. Donations may be made in any amount ($5 minimum). You can even specify how the donation is to be used: for instance, for Arts & Education or for concerts in a particular genre. They accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
The Susquehanna Folk Music Society is a charitable entity, organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and it is eligible to receive tax deductible contributions. We encourage all persons who are interested in charitable tax deductions to consult with their tax advisors regarding specific items donated to SFMS or purchased at our Silent Auction. We will provide contributors with receipts for tax purposes.