Give Local York 2021
Friday, May 7, 2021
DONATE ONLINE all day long May 7
SFMS Virtual Open House drop in 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
About This Event:
We are grateful and proud to be a part of Central PA's thriving folk community. During this pandemic year, we've kept the music coming with a jam-packed season of virtual concerts, coffeehouses, workshops, and even an Emerging Artists Showcase. We've been pleased to see so many of you at our virtual events.
If you love what we do, please consider supporting the Susquehanna Folk Festival during Give Local York. Make a donation anytime on May 7 and your gift will be partially matched!
Virtual Open House
All fans and friends of SFMS are invited to our Virtual Open House!
On Friday, May 7 we enjoyed terrific live music, a folk music trivia contest, and a chance to visit with other folkies.
5:30 - LET’S CHAT!
How’ve you been since we last saw one another in person? Start any new projects? Trying out a new instrument, or finding great tunes? What's the best regular livestream you've seen? SFMS wants to hear from you!
6:00 - EILEEN KOZLOFF in concert
An award-winning singer and songwriter, Eileen is a multi-instrumentalist who embraces many genres of music. She is internationally known for her soaring vocals, stunning harmonies, commanding performances and pick-less style of autoharp playing.
6:30 - FOLK MUSIC TRIVIA with Eric Imhof
Test your knowledge of the instruments, legends and lore that make folk music such a rich and storied tradition. We'll feature questions about the past, present, and future of folk music here in America and around the world. Play for cool prizes and, more importantly, bragging rights at the next SFMS event!
7:15 - OLD TIME JAM with Beverley Street
Grab your instruments, bring your tune requests, and join us for a medium-tempo old-time jam. Participants will be muted during tunes, and we'll get to socialize a bit in between. Beverley Street is a hot traditional trio from Staunton, VA featuring Janie Rothfield (fiddle), Allan Carr (guitar) and Bill Wellington (clawhammer banjo).
8:15 - STU MILLER in concert
Stu plays a mix of folk, blues, and ragtime, and a mix of songs and instrumentals. He started playing acoustic guitar at age 17, and was influenced most in his early musical years by Stefan Grossman, Leo Kottke, Chet Atkins, Bukka White, and Joe Ann Kelly and Tony McPhee.
9:00 - HANK IMHOF in concert
Hank Imhof is a solo acoustic artist who skillfully covers the blues, jazz, gospel, folk, bluegrass, rock, and any combination of them all. A love of music and learning shows in an array of genres that covers decades of music. Uniquely mingling finger-style, flat-picking, and slide throughout his work on guitars, Hank also plays dobro, banjo, and harmonica that provides variety to his audiences.
Choose the level that's right for you:
- Folk Music Ambassador ($50) — Show your appreciation for folk music and score some pretty sweet Susquehanna Folk Festival stickers. Our fabulous festival fox will jazz up your instrument case, your vehicle, your office wall!
- Folk Music Aficionado ($100) — Listen to folk music 24/7 and know all about it? This donation level includes those stickers plus a car magnet to show your Susquehanna Folk Festival pride.
- Event Sponsor ($250) — Love what SFMS is doing? Help keep the music coming by sponsoring a festival event of your choice! You'll be recognized on our website, plus you'll receive tickets to the event, festival stickers, a car magnet, and a super-handy festival tote bag.
- SUPER Sponsor ($500) — Want to support Susquehanna Folk in a BIG way? Choose an event to Super-Sponsor! You'll receive all the sponsor swag above, plus tickets to share, plus the chance to introduce your chosen artist from the stage, either in person or virtually.
- Choose Your Own Donation — Don't see a donation level that works for you? Support the festival with a donation of your choice.
- Sponsors: please email Jess Hayden at email@example.com to discuss the details.
- Prefer not to donate online? You can send a check and have your donation matched, but you must do it early. Please email Jess Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org for info.