Even when we have no board openings, we are always interested in hearing from folks who want to play an active role in SFMS's future.
How To Apply
Please send a letter of interest and resume to our Executive Director, either by email or USPS. See our Contact Us page for addresses.
The SFMS Board of Directors sets policy, oversees business operations, and ensures financial stability of SFMS. Board members are volunteers serving three-year terms.
Board meetings are held at Camp Hill United Methodist Church (417 N 22nd St, Camp Hill, PA 17011) at 7 pm on the third Tuesday of each month. When the situation requires it, board meetings are held virtually via Zoom.
- Understand and appreciate folk music and culture
- Support the vision, mission and key goals of SFMS
- Attend at least 90% of Board meetings; arrive on time, don't leave early, and participate actively in discussions and decisions
- Serve actively on at least one Board committee
- Provide advice and direction to Executive Director
- Monitor SFMS performance, including programming quality
- Formulate procedures and set policy
- Advocate on behalf of SFMS within your circle of contacts
- Become or remain a dues-paying Member of SFMS
- Participate in any fund-raising activities initiated by the Board
- Contribute annually to SFMS
- Assist with financial and strategic planning
- Volunteer for two or more SFMS events
- Affirm no conflicts of interest