The SFMS Jam Sessions Series:
October Jam Session
Monthly Jams — October thru May
1-4 pm at Fort Hunter Barn
Sunday, October 12
Join us at Fort Hunter Barn to make music and share songs. All ages and levels are welcome, as well as listeners!
SFMS Jams are enjoyable afternoons of homemade acoustic music at the Fort Hunter Centennial Barn. We welcome everyone who loves making music or listening to it, regardless of age, talent or training. We get together for the joy of the company and making music.
2014-2015 Jam Dates:
(usually second Sundays)
- October 12, 2014 — Our first regular jam of the season. All musicians, singers and listeners welcome!
- November 9 — All ages and levels are welcome at our monthly jam session / song swap.
- December 14 — Our annual holiday jam, with festive goodies and seasonal tunes. Open to everyone.
- January 11, 2015 — Start the new year with a friendly afternoon of hands-on music. Everyone is welcome.
- February 8 — Bring your instrument, voice, or listening ears to our monthly jam.
- March 8 — An enjoyable afternoon of homemade music, with an Irish theme, of course!
- April 12 — April showers or taxes got you down? Come into the cozy Fort Hunter Barn for an afternoon of music-making!
- May 10 — All ages and levels are welcome at our monthly jam session / song swap.
- September 21, 2014 — Join us for a morning jam (10-12) at Fort Hunter Day
About the Jams
Everyone is welcome: performers and non-performers, beginners to experts. Folk music is at its best when made by hand and shared among friends — so drag that ukulele out of the closet and join in!
Bring your instruments, ears, voices, and (if you wish) snacks to share. Copies of song words and/or guitar chords help others play and sing along.
Fort Hunter Centennial Barn, 5300 N. Front Street, is a few miles north of Harrisburg, PA. The Barn is wheelchair accessible.