The SFMS Jam Sessions Series:
Monthly Jam Sessions
Second Sundays, October thru May
1-4 pm at Fort Hunter Barn
Join us at Fort Hunter Barn to make music and share songs. All ages and levels are welcome, as well as listeners!
SFMS Jams are enjoyable afternoons of homemade acoustic music at the Fort Hunter Centennial Barn. We welcome everyone who loves making music or listening to it, regardless of age, talent or training. We get together for the joy of the company and making music.
2015-2016 Jam Dates:
(usually second Sundays)
- October 11, 2015 — Our first regular jam of the season. All musicians, singers and listeners welcome!
- November 8 — All ages and levels are welcome at our monthly jam session / song swap. (1:30pm start time this month)
- December 13 — Our annual holiday jam, with festive goodies and seasonal tunes. Open to everyone.
- January 10, 2016 — Happy New Year! Start it off with a friendly afternoon of hands-on music. Everyone is welcome.
- February 14 — Bring your favorite honey, along with your instrument, voice, or listening ears, to our Valentine's Day jam.
- March 13 — Wear, play and sing your best Irish at our March jam.
- April 10 — Pre-tax-day blues: bring your favorite blues song to our April jam.
- May 8 — Happy Mother's Day: bring one of your Mom's favorite tunes to our May jam.
- September 20, 2015 — Join us for a morning jam (10-12) at Fort Hunter Day
About the Jams
Everyone is welcome: performers and non-performers, beginners to experts. Folk music is at its best when made by hand and shared among friends — so drag that ukulele out of the closet and join in!
Bring your instruments, ears, voices, and (if you wish) snacks to share. Copies of song words and/or guitar chords help others play and sing along.
Fort Hunter Centennial Barn, 5300 N. Front Street, is a few miles north of Harrisburg, PA. The Barn is wheelchair accessible.